Tigers Face South Carolina Friday, Georgia State Sunday On the Road
Clemson Tigers at South Carolina
Who: Clemson (6-2) at RV South Carolina (6-1)
When: Friday, Feb. 15, 3 p.m.
Where: Carolina Tennis Center, Columbia, S.C.
Clemson Tigers at Georgia State Panthers
Who: Clemson (4-1) vs. Binghamton (3-2)
When: Sunday, Feb. 17, 1 p.m. (if outdoors) OR 3:30 p.m. (if indoors)
Where: Atlanta, Ga.
· The Clemson men’s tennis team faces instate rival South Carolina at the Carolina Tennis Center in Columbia, S.C. on Friday, Feb. 15 at 3 p.m. with a Palmetto Series point on the line. On Sunday, Feb. 17, the Tigers head to Atlanta, Ga. to take on Georgia State.
· The time and location for Sunday’s match at Georgia State is dependent on the weather. The match will be played at 1 p.m. if outdoors, and 3:30 p.m. if indoors.
· The Tigers are 6-2 on the season, coming off three matches away from home last weekend, a 5-2 loss at Princeton on Feb. 8 followed by a 4-1 win versus Binghamton and a 4-0 win at Army on Feb. 10.
· Junior Simon Baudry is 4-2 in dual matches and entered the ITA singles poll for the first time in 2019 last week, as he was listed at 100th in the nation. Baudry has played the majority of his matches at No. 1 singles thus far this spring.
· Sophomore Yizhou Liu has a 6-1 record on the spring, while junior Carlos Kelaidis is 5-2. Both returning players have played in the middle of the singles lineup for the Tigers.
· Two new Tigers, freshman Teodor Giusca and junior transfer Pierre-Louis Dodens have also seen early success in singles play, going 5-2 and 5-1, respectively, through the first eight dual matches.
· Dodens has also been impressive in doubles play, as he remains undefeated through eight matches, going 5-0 with freshman Mike Agee and 3-0 with freshman Jacob Jahn.
· The Gamecocks are 6-1 on the season and are receiving votes in the most recent ITA team rankings. Three South Carolina singles players are ranked in the top-125 nationally according to the ITA.
TEAM South Carolina – RV
Paul Jubb (South Carolina) – 16th
Simon Baudry (Clemson) – 100th
Daniel Rodrigues (South Carolina) – 110th
Raphael Lambling (South Carolina) – 114th